Monday, February 23, 2015

Being told my Mom has Parkinsons Disease...

I had heard of Parkinson's Disease, but those are diagnosis that only other people will hear...???  Well not this family.

I can remember the day like it was yesterday, it was spring a warm day out...my mom called me to ask me to come over, she needed to talk to me.  My grandmother had just passed away not too much before this time and I feared the worst.  But let me tell my first thought...cancer.  It just seems to be so widespread...my father had it and passed away in 2001.  But regardless of what I knew it was serious for her to call me to come over rather then discuss it on the phone. 

I arrived, we went to her back porch and we drinking her famous sweet tea.  And after beating around the bush she told me.  I went to the doctor for some symptoms I was having and I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease.  I was devastated to hear it, but in reality she was no different to me.  So it was hard to accept along with the fact she was my mom and I think no matter what it is, you go through some denial about whats going on. 

I left, came home and looked up and read up on everything I could get my hands on and then reality of devastation hit me.  I was reading on how her life was going to change and it was heartbreaking.  For that moment I thought I am not going to dwell on what life will be like....but just that its good right now, and she seems well besides some minor tremors in her hands. 

1 comment:

  1. My dad was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech,degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 46 degree angle, things were tough for me, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he was having trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,i recommended this http://www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who also needs help.

    ReplyDelete